Legal Advice and Representation From an Experienced Lawyer
At Neyman Law Firm, PLLC,
we are a hometown firm with big-firm trial experience. Joseph D. Neyman Jr. believes you deserve a lawyer on your side who will take the time to get to know you, answer your questions, and advocate for you at every step.
Get to Know Joseph
Licensed in Mississippi and Tennessee, Jody Neyman has been practicing law in Hernando since 1996, with extensive trial experience representing both Plaintiffs and Defendants in State and Federal Court. In addition, Jody has served as legal counsel to DeSoto County, Mississippi and the DeSoto County Sheriff's Department.
In addition to his law practice, Jody presently presides as a Municipal Court Judge for the City of Southaven; he previously presided as Municipal Court Judge for the City of Hernando. Jody has served as a Bar Commissioner for the 17th Circuit Court District of Mississippi and also has served on the Mississippi Bar's Governmental Affairs Executive Committee. Jody is currently a member The Mississippi Board of Bar Examiners.
Jody has been actively involved in the DeSoto County Community, having been a participant in Leadership DeSoto, served as a past President of the Hernando Optimist Club and the Hernando Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. Jody is also a member of Independent Presbyterian Church in Memphis, Tennessee. Jody resides in Hernando with his wife, Mary Phillips, and their children.
- Mississippi, 1996
- Tennessee, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Mississippi, 1996
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Mississippi, 1996
- University of Mississippi School of Law, Oxford, Mississippi
J.D. - 1996
- University of Mississippi, Oxford, Mississippi
B.P.A. cum laude - 1993
Major: Public Administration
- Mississippi Municipal Court Judges Association, Member
- University of Mississippi Alumni Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Mississippi Association of County Board Attorneys, Member, 2012 - 2014
- Mississippi Bar Association, Member, 1996
- DeSoto County Bar Association, Member, 1996
- 17th Circuit Court District of Mississippi, Bar Commissioner
- Mississippi Bar's Governmental Affairs Executive Committee